Invited Talks and Presentations:
- Oscillation and Driving mechanism in vector-borne disease models with time delay to
Mini-Symposium on Models and Methods in ecology and epidemiology , Nanjing, China, June 5, 2013.
- Persistence and global stability in
population dynamics of ticks to
The Fourth Conference on Computational and Mathematical Population Dynamics (CMPD4), Taiyuan, China, May 29 - June 2, 2013.
- Modeling and models for
the dynamics of West Nile virus to
Symposium on Modelling and Informatics of Disease and
Environment (SMIDE), York University, Toronto, August
- Modelling and
transmission dynamics of West Nile to
The 5th Geoffrey J. Butler Memorial Conference on Differential
Equations and Population Biology, University of Alberta,
Edmonton, July 25-30, 2011.
- The avian species
diversity and transmission dynamics of West Nile virus
Canada-China International Conference on the Dynamics of
Climate Impact on Infectious Diseases, Nanjing Normal
Unversity, Nanjing, China, Dec.15-18, 2010(link).
- Oscillations in delay
differential equation models for vector-borne diseases
to 2010 CMS summer
meeting, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB,
June 2-6, 2010.(link)
- The impact of avian
species diversity and the transmission dynamics of West Nile
virus to MITACS/CORS
2010 Annual Conference, Section of Meeting Public Health
Challenges: A Mathematical Modeling Approach Part 3, Edmonton
AB, May 25-28, 2010.
- The role of vectors in
vector-borne disease to
2010 Southern Ontario Dynamics Day Workshop, Fields
Institute, Toronto, ON, May 14, 2010.
- Hopf Bifurcations in
Delayed Predator-prey Models to Applied & Industrial
Mathematics Seminar, York University, Mar.5, 2010.
- The impact of maturation
delay of mosquitoes on the transmission of West Nile Virus
to 2009 CMS
Winter Meeting, Windsor University, Dec.5-7, 2009.
- The impact of maturation
delay on the transmission of West Nile virus to
CODIGEOSIM Workshop on geosimulation and mathematical
modelling for zoonotic diseases, York University, August
- Hopf bifurcation in a
delayed predator-prey model in the chemostat in
2009 CMS summer meeting, Memorial University, Jun. 6-8,
- Hopf Bifurcation in a
delayed Chemostat Model at University of New Brunswick,
Fredericton, NB, Oct. 3, 2010.
- Section organizer and chair, co-organize a mini-symposium with Professor
Fabio Milner about ``Recent advances on modeling study of vector-borne diseases"
at 2013 Annual Meeting of The Society for Mathematical Biology, Tempe, Arizona, June 10-13, 2013(link)
- Moderators, Being invited to moderate two Contributed Paper Session ``Epidemiology" at 2013
Annual Meeting of The Society for Mathematical Biology, Tempe, Arizona, June 10-13, 2013(link)
- Being invited to co-chair a Contributed Paper Session (Mathematical Biology session) at the Joint
Mathematics Meetings in San Diego, California. January 9-12, 2013(link)
- Section chair, The 5th Geoffrey J. Butler Memorial Conference on Differential Equations
and Population Biology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, July 25-30, 2011
- Coordinate of CDM Incubation Day of Excellence in
Nonlinear Dynamics and the Life Sciences with Postdoctoral
Fellows and Graduate Students at CDM, York University,
Sept.-Dec. 2010 (link)
- Coordinate of Lamps seminar \LAMPS Weekly [informal]
Interdisciplinary Workshop on Modelling Studies of Climate,
Environment and West Nile Virus, York University, Sept.-Dec.
- Coordinate of Lamps seminar \Impact of Climate and
Environment on Vector-borne diseases, York University,
- Referee for international journals: Mathematical Bioscience
and Engineering, Analysis and Applications
- Visiting Assistent Professor, Arisona State University
(with Prof. Horst
R. Thieme), 09/2011-present (link).
- Fields Institute Postdoctoral Fellow at York University
Huaiping Zhu), York University,07/2010-08/2011.
- Postdoctoral Fellow (with Prof. Huaiping Zhu), York
- Teaching Assistent/Research Assistant, McMaster University
- Instructor, Lai Yang Agriculture University,
- Teaching Assistent/Research Assistant, Yunnan University,